If detected early, bladder cancer can be treated. So, if you have blood in your urine, or if you are worried about bladder cancer, talk to your doctor.
Your doctor may recommend Cxbladder. This is an accurate, easy-to-use urine test that helps rule out bladder cancer. It can give you confidence, reassurance and peace of mind.
If your doctor thinks you might have bladder cancer, he or she may use one or more of the following tests:
- Physical examination and medical history: The doctor will look for, and record, any symptoms or risk factors of bladder cancer.
- Urine tests: Simple urine tests check for the presence of blood or cancer cells in your urine.
- Cystoscopy: A thin tube and camera (cystoscope) is placed in your urine tube (urethra) to see inside your bladder. A tissue sample (biopsy) may be taken from your bladder and then looked at under a microscope.
- Ultrasound: This scanning test uses a microphone to bounce sound waves off body structures and get a picture. Ultrasound checks for blockages in the tubes (the ureters) connecting your kidneys and bladder.
- Computed tomography (CT) scan: A scanning machine, like an x-ray machine, gets pictures of your upper urinary tract, abdomen and pelvis.
- Intravenous pyelogram (IVP): This test, sometimes called an intravenous urogram, is a general x-ray examination to look at your whole urinary system.
- Urine molecular diagnostic tests: Your doctor may decide to use a new, urine-based test - Cxbladder Detect - that looks for genetic material (biomarkers) in your urine. Levels of these biomarkers show, with high accuracy, the probability that you have bladder cancer.
Diagram of a cystoscopy for a man
Diagram of a cystoscopy for a woman
Talk to your doctor
Are you alarmed about blood in your urine? Worried about bladder cancer? Download our patient discussion guide for a list of questions you can ask your doctor.Download discussion guide now
An online community where people affected by bladder cancer can share experiences and support each other in a safe, secure environment.Join the community today
Cxbladder is a suite of non-invasive tests that is easy and straightforward to use. Talk to your doctor or order online today.Order Cxbladder now